The 10 Commandments
Idol? Graven Image?
Religion: Intellectual Castration
To Worship God Is To Worship Ignorance
The Torah has 613 commandments: 365 positive (thou shalt) + 248 negative (thou shalt not).
Exodus 20:1-17 Deuteronomy 5:6-21 KJV
1. Deuteronomy 5:6-7 I am the Lord, thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before Me.
If each believer were put through intense interrogation to define his or her God, before thorough exhaustion, their God would look very much like them. They would easily deny that their God would do what the Biblical God is written to have done C&V. Those believers would be guilty of breaking the 1st commandment. Conclusion: Ego and God are synonymous. You can’t physically locate either and both God and Ego are described by their deeds, attitudes and behaviors.
2. Deuteronomy 5:8 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
What is the statues and images of Jesus on the cross, the “Virgin” Mary symbols and other religious articles – if they are not all gravenimages? God ordered Moses to make a snake wrapped around a pole (caduceus) so those who would see it would survive the God-sent snakebites that killed many.
How can that not qualify to be a graven image? What hypocrisy! Today, the “caduceus”, is valued as an international medical symbol.
Pope Gregory, in the 6th century AD, claimed that the Catholic statues and paintings were necessary to educate the poor and illiterate on their religion. Later, in the 15 – 16th centuries Protestants condemned this practice. Violence broke out across Europe between Catholics and Protestants.
The Koran takes issue that Christians worship Jesus as God. That creates a tremendous problem between Muslims and Christians.
Starting about the 12th century, Christians waged numerous murderous Crusades against Muslims and waged murderousInquisitions against everybody (who were not them) across Europe.
3. Deuteronomy 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord, thy God, in vain.
When you pray to God for selfish things, or tell God how to run His business, aren’t you taking God’s name in vain? Is it alright if nobody knows that you do that but you?
4. Deuteronomy 5:12 Keep The Sabbath Day to sanctify it.
Saturday was the Israelites 7th day – the last day of the week – their day of rest. It started about dusk on Friday night. Don’t think that’s too squirrelly as we still start our new day at 12 o’clock midnight. God observed His one day of rest after His 6 days of “creation”. Was one of God’s days 1,000 of man’s years as claimed in 2 Peter 3:8?
John 9:1-7 Jesus healed a blind man on the Sabbath.
John 9:16 The Pharisees said Jesus was a sinner and not God because he kept not the Sabbath.
Jesus! You DON”T work on the Sabbath.
One source (the History Channel) claims: Early Christians, under Constantine, in the year 321 moved the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday and now claimed the Sabbath to be the day that Jesus resurrected from the dead.
Another TV source claimed: The Catholic Church changed the Jewish Sabbath to Sunday around the 16th century. Oh, what to believe? These authorities are as confusing as the inconsistent and controversial Bible.
Don’t these Sabbath changes break and dishonor the Catholic’s 3rd commandment and the KJV’s 4th commandment?
Yes, it is the Catholic version’s 3rd Commandment and it is the KJV’s 4th Commandment.
The Sabbath Commandment is little honored in the modern world. Clergy tell you not to work on the Sabbath – yet that is the one day in the entire week that they all work for the big tax-free bucks. The US government pays religions to keep you distracted, fear-based, obedient, conformed, dependant and in line.
5. Deuteronomy 5:16 Honor thy father and thy mother.
John 2:3-4 Jesus’ mother told Him they ran out of wine. Jesus said: How does your concern affect Me?
Nice honoring, Jesus.
Matthew 12:46-49 Jesus was told in the Synagogue that His mother and brothers were waiting for Him. Jesus said: Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?
Jesus Christ definitely broke the “Honor thy mother” commandment – as it is written C&V.
6. Deuteronomy 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
With all of God’s murdering, it seems that the scribes left off a few words from this commandment. It could have more accurately been written: God said, “Thou shalt not kill – except on My terms.” Do you remember allof God’s murdering of mothers and babies and the stealing of The Promised Land? Almost all of God’s Old Testament heroes did kill their fellow man, woman and child.
7. Deuteronomy 5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
Are you kidding? Who, of God’s heroes, didn’t commit adultery?
8. Deuteronomy 5:19 Neither shalt thou steal.
God’s heroes even murdered all the babies to steal cities. What God’s heroes didn’t steal – they destroyed.
9. Deuteronomy 5:20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbor.
God, Himself, was a model of lying when He claimed to deceive His Own prophets. God put lying spirits in His prophets’ mouths.
10. Deuteronomy 5:21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbor’s wife. Neither shalt thou covet thy neighbor’s house or anything that is thy neighbor’s.
God’s favorite King David impregnated Bathsheba and had her husband, Uriah, killed so he could have her. After God killed their child, God rewarded the couple with a second son, King Solomon.
Here is a special Bible Note in the Catholic version of the 10th Commandment:
Exodus 20:17 You shall not covet your neighbor’s house, nor his wife nor his male or female SLAVE…
Unlike the KJV, both the Catholic Bible and the Torah, which have been around a lot longer than the KJV, use the word SLAVE which means, by documentation, the 10th Commandments accepts and condones slavery. Shocking!
The Hillbilly’s Ten Commandments
Sulphur Rock, AR.
(As translated from the ‘King James’)
1 Just one God
2 Honor yer Ma & Pa
3 No tellin’ tales or gossipin’
4 Git yourself to Sunday meetin’
5 Put nothin’ afore God
6 No foolin’ around with anutha feller’s gal
7 No killin’
8 Watch yer mouth
9 Don’t take what ain’t yers
10 Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff
Most Christians believe the Old Testament has only 10 commandments.
Most Christian scholars and Hebrew Rabbis know that the Torah / Old Testament has 613 commandments.
Of the “10 commandments” – breaking only 2 are considered to be against the law in all US states. To kill and to steal are to break the laws in all states.
Actually, obeying the 10 commandments means nothing in the “salvation” of anyone as evident in:
Galatians 2:21 If righteousness / justification come by law, then Christ is dead in vain, Christ died for nothing. (Catholic & KJV)
Ever wonder how and why “born-again” or “born from above” death-row prisoners can claim to be innocent? The Law (10 Commandments), means nothing. Within their egos, Jesus has justified them.
Rabbi Burton Visotzky: In Jewish theology there are 613 commandments that we are obligated to do for God.
The source: In 1134 AD, Moshe Ben Maimon (Maimonides), a Rabbi living in medieval Spain sat down, read the entire Torah / Pentateuch and codified its 613 laws.
By God, 58 of the 613 commandments are prohibitions against sexual intercourse – the wrong kinds of sex at the wrong times with the wrong people.
James 2:10 Whoever shall keep the whole law yet offend one point is guilty of all.
Duh! So, how can breaking one law make you guilty of breaking them all? Talk about trumped-up charges! How can God be fair with this “sacred” C&V?
GWD: To live by faith is an intellectual failing.
1. Thou shalt have on other gods before me.2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven in, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, not serve them. For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fouth generation of them that hate me: And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. For the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the lord thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not Kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s
King James Bible, issued by the American Bible Society
1 I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before me.2.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3. Remember thou keep the Sabbath Day.
4. Honor thy Father and thy Mother.
5. Thou shalt not Kill.
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods
Catholic Catechism by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, “published with Ecclesiastical approval” and bearing the imprimatur of Patrick Cardinal Hayes, Archbishop, New York. P. J. Kenedy & Sons, 1932.
1. I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
2. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them, nor serve them, for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me: and showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work. But the seventh day is the Sabbath in honor of the Lord thy God; on it thou shalt not do any work, neither thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that in within thy gates; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth , the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother; in order that thy days may be prolonged up the land which the lord thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor’s
Bloch Bublishing Coupany, New York, 1922
Which Ten Commandments?
First Tables of Stone (Exodus 20)
(“which Moses didst break”)
Second Tables of Stone (Exodus 34)
(“the words that were on the first”)
1. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me.
1. Thou shalt worship no other god (For the Lord is a jealous god).
2. You shall not make for yourself a graven image. You shall not bow down to them or serve them.
2. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep in the month when the ear is on the corn.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
4. All the first-born are mine.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
5. Six days shalt thou work, but on the seventh thou shalt rest.
6. You shall not kill.
6. Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, even of the first fruits of the wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread.
8. You shall not steal.
8. The fat of my feast shall not remain all night until the morning.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. The first of the first fruits of thy ground thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.
10. You shall not covet.
10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in its mother’s milk.
Adapted from Microsoft Bookshelf 98
K. Budde, History of Ancient Hebrew Literature
(Let’s post these in the schoolroom!)
1. Exodus 22:20: He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
2. Leviticus 24:16: And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death.
3. Exodus 31:15: Whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
4. Exodus 21:15: He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
5. Exodus 21:17: He that curseth his father or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
6. Exodus 22:19: Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
7. Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
8. Leviticus 20:10: And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
9. Mark 16:16: He that believeth not, shall be damned.
10. Malachi 2:1-4: And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you. If you will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart to give glory to my name, … behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces.
Test Time: What Are The 10 Commandments? Review:
George Carlin’s reduction of The 10 Commandments:
10 Commandments Explained By God:
10 Commandments Explained:
10 Commandments By Christopher Hitchens:
The 613 Commandments:
Basis Of Laws & Morals:
Why The Bible Is Repulsive.
God’s Evil Deed’s
What one person, who you know, would kill to see this website?
Corrections? Comments? Questions?